Veterans Statistics At A Glance
Gulf War Veterans, Persian Gulf War, The Global War on Terror (GWOT), Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF), Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF), Operation Freedom’s Sentinel (OFS) and ongoing conflicts : Gulf War-era II veterans served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces any time since September 2001. In 2015, there were 3.6 million veterans who had served during Gulf War Era II. U.S. combat operations in Afghanistan ended on December 31, 2014. As part of Operation FREEDOM’S SENTINEL (OFS), U.S. forces remain in the country to participate in a coalition mission to train, advise, and assist Afghan National Defense and Security Forces and to conduct counterterrorism operations against the remnants of al Qaeda. In 2017 over 4,000 additional troops are being sent back to Afghanistan.
Vietnam: (Aug 5, 1964 – May 7, 1975) 9,087,000 military personnel served on active duty during the Vietnam Era. 8,744,000 GIs were on active duty during the war (Aug 5, 1964 – March 28, 1973), 2,709,918 Americans served in Vietnam , this number represents 9.7% of their generation.
Korean War: (1950 -1953) Service members serving in-theater was 1,789,000, this number represents less than 4% of their generation. There are 7,747 American soldiers still unaccounted for from the Korean War as of June 2017.
World War II: (1941 – 1945) Number of Americans who served in World War II: 16.1 million. Average amount of time each U.S. military serviceman served overseas during World War II: 16 months. Over 12% of the total U.S. population were a part of the armed forces.
State of Florida Veterans statistics reveal:
• There are 1.53 million veterans in the State of Florida.
• There are more than 154,000 women veterans in the State of Florida.
• There are more than 65,000 World War II veterans in the State of Florida.
• There are more than 144,000 Korean War veterans in the State of Florida.
• There are more than 496,000 Vietnam-era veterans in the State of Florida.
• There are more than 190,000 Gulf War veterans in the State of Florida.
• There are more than 173,000 Post-9/11 veterans in the State of Florida
• There are more than 725,000 Florida veterans enrolled in the U.S.
For more information please call 813-657-9175.